Do you want to jam with me? Great! It’s easy! All you need to do is record a video of yourself performing an instrumental track for one of my songs and submit it.
I encourage all levels of skill, talent, and ambition to play for me. This experience is all about participation. Don’t let technical aspects or tiny flaws get in the way of a good performance. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Do your best!
You will find all the information you need to submit your performance below. Please make sure to read it thoroughly. It really helps streamline the process if everyone can follow these submission guidelines.
Thanks so much for your interest in wanting to jam with me! And good luck!
– Jennifer xo
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING TO JAM WITH JENNIFER
1. Choose any Jennifer Knapp song to perform
Whether you’re performing the song as you heard it on a record, or creating a new rendition of one of your favorites, practice it to the point you feel you’re ready for a live performance…now…make a video!
Alternatively, you may want to create an entirely new soundtrack (for example, EDM) where capturing your video performance isn’t the priority. We’d be happy to hear it, but keep in mind that we DO need a video for the LIVE show. Jam with Jennifer is a live visual show, so it helps if folks have something they can see!
2. Submit Your Video
PLEASE NOTE that the video you are submitting will be the actual video used in the Jam with Jennifer online show. The care you take in preparing your video is just as important as the performance you record. Presenting a quality recording is important to ensure your excellent performance is captured well enough to share with an audience.
- Acceptable Video Formats: mp4, mov
- Resolution: 16:9, widescreen; 720p min. (no portrait, phone videos please!)
- File size: While file size will vary, typical files are around 1Gb. (If your file size exceeds this, you may be exceeding the necessary requirements.)
Tips for Making a Good Quality VideoLighting:
Good lighting when recording your video is important. The audience wants to see you! Think about what you’d expect to see on television, YouTube, etc. and you’ll be headed in the right direction. Check out this quick tutorial and tips video for more information: Primal Video Lighting TutorialAudio:
- Use of a USB or professional quality microphone is recommended, but optional
- Make sure that your recording is free of distracting background noise
- Check that your audio levels are high but not clipping. This means that when you listen back on headphones, you can hear the track well at 75% volume, and that you have some headroom.
- Check that your audio is not distorting or blowing out. It should sound “normal”
Not everyone has video editing software. Don’t worry. We can clean up the ends, put up graphics and do the odd adjustment if needed. Give us a good file to work with and we’ll be good to go.
3. Public Image and Privacy Issues
Keep in mind that you are participating in publicly viewed experience. Please present yourself responsibly and appropriately for all age groups. Protect your privacy by being aware of what can be seen in the screen behind you, both in your recorded videos and live appearance.
4. Jam with Jennifer Performer Perks
Each selected Jam with Jennifer performer will receive:
- Guest passes to share the Jam with Jennifer LIVE online show with family & friends
- A digital copy of the entire Jam with Jennifer concert for your archives
- Zoom hangout time with Jennifer Knapp and the other participants in your show
5. The Fine Print
By submitting a video to Jennifer Knapp you acknowledge consent and agreement to the following:
- Submitting a video to Jennifer Knapp does not guarantee a live performance on the Jam with Jennifer live online show. You will be contacted if you have been selected to participate in a live online show.
- If your video is selected you agree to appear live on Jam with Jennifer for a live-streamed interview/conversation with Jennifer Knapp.
- You agree to voluntarily participle in Jam with Jennifer which is a publicly accessible and ticketed online live-streamed broadcast.
- All profits, video recordings, audio recordings & promotional materials resulting from Jam with Jennifer are the sole property of Jennifer Knapp. Recordings of Jam with Jennifer may not be disseminated without prior written consent.
- You give Jennifer Knapp permission to use your likeness and name for advertising and promotion purposes.
- Jennifer Knapp agrees to promote the guest performers social media, websites or digital platforms if provided.
- Schedule of Jam with Jennifer performances may be changed or cancelled at any time.